Weekly Verse

The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of deep darkness light has dawned. Isaiah 9:2

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Prayer

Quick question... if you stop talking to your friends do you think they would be mad? That you would grow apart? In my personal--and very non-expert-- opinion, I think the answer is yes. The same thing can happen with God. PRAYER is our contact with Him, it strengthens our relationship with God!
 
 
We all have a friend that we talk to about EVERYTHING. If you can tell a friend all that, why can't you tell God? He's more trustworthy than any friend--because we're human, not because you have bad friends or anything. I don't know about you, but I talk a lot more than I pray; I'm busy and I don't always think about God, but....
 

 
Don't put anything before God; He wants a STRONG relationship with us! He wants us to pray continually, be strong, and to praise Him...
 

 
Never stop PRAYING. That's not easy to do. We all have our lives and we get caught up in personal issues, friends, work, etc. Often we forget how IMPORTANT it is to PRAY!
 
Personally, I'm making a conscious effort to PRAY throughout the day--during whatever I'm doing-- and you know what? It's getting easier! I've been praying more and reading the Bible frequently, and let me tell you, it makes ALL the difference!!

 

When you pray, you're handing your fears, troubles, praises, anything and everything over to God! It takes a HUGE weight off your shoulders.

 Make sure you PRAY throughout the day; you will strengthen your relationship with God, and you will feel joyous, happy and wonderful! You'll ALWAYS have someone to talk to, someone you can DEPEND on! 
 

2 comments: